Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Salmon for a change

Sometimes I just don't want chicken.  If you knew my eating habits, you wouldn't believe I could ever say that - I love chicken.  Every so often, I just don't want to eat any more meat (or poultry) for a while.  But, I was having guests over for Shabbat dinner; I needed a dish that was presentable for company.  I made what I am calling "Tri-Colored Salmon".  The recipe is an adaptation from a recipe I saw in "Kosher by Design: Entertains" by Susie Fishbein called Salmon Primavera.

I bought a big piece of salmon - over 2 lbs - and although there were only 4 people eating, I didnt have any leftovers!  The vegetables that I used were yellow squash, green zucchini, and tomatoes.  But I would experiement with you favorite and seasonal selections (thinking of trying sweet potatoes with a sweet/tangy mustard next!).  The picture is from before I put the fish in the oven.

Tri Colored Salmon

Large filet of Salmon (mine was just over 2lbs with skin on)
Zuchini
Yellow Squash
Tomato
Dijon Mustard
Parmesan Cheese
Dill

Pre heat oven to 375.  Place fish, skin side down, on large baking sheet.  Brush top of salmon with mustard.  Place thin slices of vegetables over fish, alternating for color presentation (if you have a mandolin slicer, this process will be much easier).  Top with a little grated cheese and chopped dill.  Bake for 30 - 35 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. The other night for dinner I tried the alternative version of this salmon that I mentioned in the post. It was delicious!

    I took the salmon and spread it with a tangy mustard and topped it with thin slices of sweet potato. Sprinkled with a little cheese again and baked the same as above. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete